February is here and it's almost time to celebrate Valentines Day!
Many people dread this holiday and I can see why with all the pressure to make it special.
It can also feel pretty lonely if you're unattached.
By making Valentines Days focus about self care and self love along with celebrating the love you have in your life, whether it's a romantic love or friendship, is a healthy approach to this months festivities.
As a massage therapist, I see many people who are burned out on life. They need to refresh and rejuvenate themselves so they can better handle the everyday stress that comes from work, family, and other daily obligations.
I preach self care because it's a necessity that many people don't know about. That is why our bodies are breaking down, our spirits are empty. We're not traditionally taught the value of slowing down and taking a time out as an adult.
I've included a list of fun things to do in the name of self care and have collected a few quotes from self care experts to inspire you!
"When you're happy and healthy on the inside, it can't help but overflow to the outside." Jennie Carlson the Body Image Builder http://bodyimagebuilder.com/
Here's my fun list of things to do instead of stressing out over Valentines Day. You can do these with someone or by yourself.
1. Cook a healthy meal at home. Something that is going to nourish your body.
2. Decorate your space with fresh flowers.
3. Clear the energy in your home with a good cleaning. Burn some white candles for good energy.
4. Bring love in to your heart with some simple intention setting rituals or a prayer.
5. Begin a meditation practice.
6. Go to a yoga or fitness class.
7. Take a walk on a dirt path and enjoy nature.
8. Take a nap. Sleep in!
9. Brighten your appearance. Do something new with your hair or make
10. Make a bath with herbal salts, a cup of tea, and soothing music.
11. Visit a float spa and drift away.
12. Hire a massage therapist to come to your home.
13. Have a movie night and watch comedy's that make you laugh!
14. Make art.
Treating yourself to a "me" day once in a while is good for your soul!
In what ways do you take care of yourself?
How are you spending valentines day this year?
"Self care is not a one dose thing. Self care is a daily relationship with yourself and needs caring for and maintaining just as you would any long term relationship." Caitlin Grace www.cgrace4wellbeing.blogspot.co.nz
Dallas Massage Blog is a written journal about Massage Therapy, Wellness, and Ashiatsu Barefoot Massage in the Dallas, Texas area.